From my experience, the quality, impact, and engagement of academic journals can be improved by following practical steps.
- Organising Editorial Board meetings
- Organising webinars inviting authors who published articles recently or published high impact articles in the journal
- Proposing an international association based on the journal
- Inviting experienced researchers to organise special issues
- Supporting high quality international and regional conferences
- Promoting recent publications on social media
- Dividing Editorial Board members into groups by themes to improve their engagement